Madagascar Yoga Retreat
8 DAYS OF CONNECTION, PRACTICE AND NATURE
SUNDAY 1ST OCTOBER - SUNDAY 8TH OCTOBER IN SAINTE MARIE, MADAGASCAR
Welcome to our Madagascar yoga retreat! We are thrilled to offer you an extraordinary opportunity to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul in one of the most stunning locations on earth. Our retreat is designed to provide you with an unforgettable experience that will leave you feeling refreshed, revitalised, and renewed. Deepen your yoga practice, discover the island of Madagascar, the pirate history of Sainte Marie and its beautiful fauna and flora.
Morning and afternoon yoga classes
Entire ecolodge on a paradise island
Plenty of free time to relax and explore the island
View of stunning turquoise lagoon from your bungalow
Tropical feeling and lush garden
8 nights accommodation and breakfast
Organic fresh food
Plenty of adventures
Airport transfer to the accommodation
Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced
Vinyasa and Yin with instruction in English (and French if needed)
Maximum of 20 participants
Who is it for:
Ideal for couples, friends, solo travelers
The Analatsara ecolodge is a safe heaven located in Ile aux Nattes (Nosy Nato), a small island south of Sainte Marie in Madagascar (an island of an island!). The ecolodge is held by its founders Jean Pierre ("The Baron") and his partner Nadia in a friendly and welcoming setting. It is a place to connect, to disconnect, to exchange experiences, deep desires and utopias. The ecolodge is designed to be simple yet comfortable, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the island. You'll wake up every morning to the sound of the ocean and chirping of birds, ready to begin your day with yoga and meditation. The ecolodge is built in respect of the environment and local architecture and is entirely powered by solar grid. Their ethos: nature, calmness and voluptuousness. Get ready to walk barefoot on the golden sand and lush green garden...
Sainte Marie used to be a pirates' land and was a refuge for adventurers and those in the quest of a new life. Sainte Marie is a beautiful town located on the north east of Madagascar, overlooking the Indian Ocean. South of Sainte Marie is the Ile aux Nattes, a 3km long and 2.5km wide paradise island, bordered by the coral reef and surrounded by crystal-clear waters. The island boasts some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world and home to a variety of wildlife, including lemurs, chameleons and a diverse range of marine life: you can encounter turtles, dolphins and whales (whales from June to October).
My name is Maysun Hassanaly, I am a Yoga Teacher and the Founder of Ladina Yoga. I completed 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training in India and 20 hours of Hands on Assist in London. I have taught hundreds of students online and in person in Madagascar, France, UK, India and Reunion Island. My motto is "do what feel good for your body" and I always encourage my students to move at their own pace. Although I have been living in London for the past 12 years, Madagascar is my first home and I am excited to take you with me so you can discover by yourself the beauty of this magical island.
You will have plenty of time during the day to enjoy the beach, go snorkeling, relax and explore the island.
On a pirates' island, how can you not have a treasure hunt! Over the course of 4 days, you will have the opportunity to participate to a treasure hunt, ending on the 4th day with a pic nic at the Ile des Sables. Each day will include 2 hours of discovery of the island (you can also opt out).
The room options
The classes are suitable for all levels, from beginners to advanced and tailored to meet the needs of each individual. You'll have the opportunity to practice in an open air space, surrounded by the sounds and scents of the ocean and the jungle. In addition to the daily yoga classes, you will have the chance to go on various excursions to explore the island and connect with its culture. You can take a hike through the forest to see the lemurs in their natural habitat, visit a nearby village to learn about local traditions and customs, or take a boat trip to explore the surrounding islands. Below is an example of the programme:
Treasure Hunt Day 1
Treasure Hunt Day 2
Treasure Hunt Day 3
Treasure Hunt Day 4
What is included
- 2 daily yoga classes with hands on adjustment (except on arrival and departures days)
- 8 nights accomodation in the ecolodge
- Daily continental breakfast
- Treasure hunt (includes: visit of the island, Malagasy cooking lesson, pic nic on Ile aux Sables)
- 1 massage
- 1 Ladina Yoga foldable travel mat
- Transfer from Sainte Marie airport to the accommodation
- Visa fees
- Other meals
- Any other activities you choose outside of the programme
- Initial £500 required to secure your spot
- Remainder can be paid in installments at least 60 days before the start of the retreat
- £500 non-refundable deposit to hold your spot
- Payment plans available for the remaining
- Prices between £980-£1,300 depending on accommodation options (please see the booking form via the "book now" link below)
- If you wish to cancel, you can always give your spot to someone else (let us know first)
- Is the country politically stable? Yes
- Is the country safe? Sainte Marie is very safe compared to the capital (Antananarivo) where you would have to be more cautious about your valuables and walking on the streets.
- Do I need vaccination? No
- Do I need a visa? Yes
- Is the retreat center easy to get to? Once you arrive in Sainte Marie, we will pick you up and take you for a quick boat ride to the ecolodge
- What’s the time difference? In October Madagascar will have 2+ hours than London
- Will it be high or low season in Madagascar in October? October is actually one of the best time to go because it's the time after winter and before the rainy season - and if you're lucky you can even see the whales!
- What will the weather be like? In October it is between 22C and 29C, and the average sea temperature is of 25C, warm enough for swimming.
- What if I get injured or need to be evacuated? The nearest hospital is in Sainte Marie (approx 1h by tuk tuk). Please get your own travel insurance.
- Do I need to bring a yoga mat and props? As part of your ticket to the retreat you will receive a free travel yoga mat once at the retreat. If you would like to bring any other props feel free to do so.
- Are there any ATMs? There are a few ATMs in Antananarivo (the capital). It is advised to change money at a local change.
- What is the local language? The national language is Malagasy, French is the official language, though not everyone speaks it. Knowledge of French is useful but not absolutely necessary as I will be there to help you.
- Fly from Antananarivo to Ile Sainte-Marie in 50 minutes with airline Tsaradia (approx €170 if you book early, this is the easiest option).
- Catch the Costisse bus from Antananarivo to Tamatave. This takes around 7 hours (book in advance your ticket with Cotisse). Stay for a night in Tamatave and take the next morning the combination of bus & ferry with El Condor. Early in the morning, the El Condor bus leaves from Tamatave to Mahambo. This bus ride takes around 3 hours. From Mahambo, you take the ferry to the port of Ile Sainte-Marie. The ferry takes around 3,5 hours. Costs: €5 for the Costisse bus and €27 for the El Condor bus + boat combi ticket. So, the total cost of €33 per person (excluding accommodation costs for one night in Tamatave).
- Access to the in-house sculpture workshop
- Night-time traditional fishing
- Whale watching
- Kite surfing
- Visit the lemurs at the Ile aux Nattes
- Plenty more...!
At the Ladina Yoga Madagascar yoga retreat, we are committed to providing you with an exceptional experience that will stay with you long after you leave. Our goal is to help you connect with your inner self, rejuvenate your body and mind, and leave feeling refreshed, revitalised, and renewed. We invite you to join us for an unforgettable journey of self-discovery and transformation. Book your retreat now using the link below: